lil m has the sadz for Cain

lil m visits every weekend. mom, dad and lil m were all playing this Lego things and they never let me play! but during the play time lil m found an old red "baby" that Cain had for a very long time. silly Cain chewed the arm right off that baby. i always laughed when Cain played with that baby. big tough Cain with this still red squeaky baby. i think mom got a little sad too. lil m went away for a minute and came back out with this drawing she made. she asked mom if she could bury it with Cain and that we should bury his baby with him too. mom said it was fine with her. lil m smiled and then went back to her room. mom went to see why she had not come out some time later and i followed. lil m had a red wet face. mom told dad that she was very upset about Cain, to take me outside to potty and that she would take care of lil m.



i heard mom tell lil m that Cain went to play in Gods yard and that he was just fine. he was in no more pain and no more cancer. he was happy eating special bones that God had given him, and lil m said it was probably Cains favorite, bacon. lil m said she understood, but she just missed him.

don't we all.
don't we all.

RIP my big brother. you are very much missed and loved.

Flag of Ireland, lil m's drawing, Cains ashes and his favorite one armed red "baby"

Comments

  1. :( is right. It was hard for me to keep my composure. But, I knew in my heart that no matter how much I miss him, he is in such a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just demonstrates what a positive impact a dog can have on a child's life. She was able to connect and have a positive relationship with him. Now the natural consequence is learning how to grieve, too. They were fortunate to have had each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I honestly did not realize she cared so much. I had Cain for 4 years before I met Matt and his daughter Madison. We only had her on the weekends and her time was certainly not spent spending much time with Cain. But she knew he was important to me and a part of this famnily. I know that had a lot to do with it, and just for the simple fact he was no longer where he should be. 7 year old kids dont understand the concept of taking things for granted. She has had to deal with pets at her mothers house suddenly disappearing and her telling them they may have died (when she really gives them away or they run away) but this is the first pet Maddy has had for more than a couple of months, even if just on weekends. He was a part of her life for many years. This was the first time she had something tangible she could hold and see (his ashes) that would actually be buried. So, grieving is very new to her. It was new for me to have to explain pet death to a child in such a way. But I think her and I managed just fine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cain: One Year Ago Today