Meet Tink

After months and months of waiting, praying, and praying some more, we finally have a new addition to our family.

This is "Tink" (yes, short for Tinkerbell) and she is about 9 weeks old. She is a Chug. Part Pug part Chihuahua. 

I was looking at rescues, adoption centers, Craigslist, newspapers and various other places people post dogs. Every time we found one we liked it had issues with other dogs or cats. Then I couldn't decide if I wanted an older dog for Casey, or a puppy.


Puppies are a lot of hard work. I wasn't sure I had time right now to really train a puppy. But, this one had great peoples that started piddle pad training her and she goes outside. Of course, she is tiny and we have a long way to go, but I knew when I saw her she was perfect. 

Thankfully Big M agreed and of course little m had no problem with it. 

I still miss Cain and I always will but I think it was time for me to love another pet. I love having them. 

Funny story - they wanted $180 adoption fee. I had a $250 Staples gift card that I got for free. I had planned to sell it and use the cash for the dog. These people didn't care and accepted the gift card. Of course I did get her leash, collar, piddle pads, puppy food and even a t-shirt and Christmas dress for our Christmas photos this year. (As I type this, she is sleeping under the desk, on my feet.)

I know I have not wrote in a while. Poor Casey has not had much excitement in her life since Cain passed away. While she doesn't seem all that interested in Tink, I have a feeling it is going to help perk her up. They were playing in the yard at at the dog part earlier today. 

Ziggy isn't too sure about her. I hope he will come around soon. I love that cat so much I would hate for things to not work out between them because I know we'll never be able to get rid of Tink now. I know it will take some time.

I already have a lot of video and photos. But I just wanted to introduce her. I will try to get some of the videos and stuff posted this week.

Welcome to our home Tink!



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Paula. She has made us very happy her 1st 24 hours. (well, except for Ziggy the cat)

      Delete
  2. So happy that Casey has a friend. Tink is adorable!!! I'm so glad they were willing to take the Staples card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you. Everything just worked out for us. I had a slight panic attack Saturday. I decided not to get her. But then I had to sit and figure out - what is the worst that could happen? Then I just felt at peace. So we called the people back and went to pick her up Sunday morning. So far, everything is working out fine.

      Delete
  3. Just adorable. I've been considering a pup for our 10 year old. 10 year old dog is still happy and playful but she adores little dogs and puppies [except for llapso apsos, sp.,].
    Just adorable that one is. And her name fits too I think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cain: One Year Ago Today

lil m has the sadz for Cain

I'm Sorry!!! Pet Update