It's Been Hard Without Cain

Today marks three weeks exactly to the day I lost my precious Cain.

Life at home has been hard without Cain. The house is so silent. Sometimes I think I can hear his tags rattle as he walks through the house. I turn around and Casey is sleeping by my side so I know it's not her. I know we both miss him. Every once in a while she searches the house as if to be looking for him.

Since the passing of Cain she has not slept in her house out in the living room. I might be to blame. I still have both kennels up. It's been hard to say good-bye to Cain so I have not removed his "room" and I know Casey does not want to be alone. I tried the first night he was gone with no success. She will sleep as close to me as possible. Not her usual behavior.

She tries to be happy and play but it is short-lived. She mostly sleeps all day. She must feel awful lonely. I put her bed in the office with me but she would rather sleep on the couch. I can't always work out in the living room.

Today the FedEx man came. She usually is running to the door barking hysterically the moment the truck hits the gravel, but not today. Today she did not get up, today she did not even bark.

I have thought about getting another dog for her to buddy up with. I am just not sure that is the best option for either of us right now.

I'll just keep trying to play with her and spend every minute I can letting her know she is loved.

Comments

  1. Dogs grieve too and its going to take her time to work through it, too. I think it is wise to wait and give you both time to adjust before another dog comes into the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't rush into getting a new doggy either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am fine with not getting another dog. I just know its hard for her because she has spent her whole life with Cain and now suddenly he's not hear. I think once the snow and ice go away her and I will walk more in the mornings and take breaks to play out in the yard during the day. Hopefully that will help.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cain: One Year Ago Today

lil m has the sadz for Cain

I'm Sorry!!! Pet Update