Poor Little Tink - Yesterday Her Whole World Changed (photos!)



Poor little Tink. Yesterday her whole little world changed.

She has been to the vet twice since we got her; she is only 6 months old. Her first was for her to meet the vet and the techs as well as get another booster shot. She received her first rounds with the folks we got her from. She was then seen a few weeks later for another check-up and booster. Now that she is 6 months, she's ready for her 6 month booster pack and for her spaying (is that even a word?).

So, yesterday morning I took her in. Casey went along because she too needed her yearly boosters done and some grooming. Tink was not happy that I left without her.

She was also micro-chipped. I am not taking any chanced with her. She's small and she's quick. I fear she may get away from me someday. Hopefully she will learn just like Cain and Casey did that it's pointless to run away from home.



At any rate, I had some errands to do and I got done early. I was anxious to get my babies. But when I called I was told Tink wasn't ready yet so I had to wait another hour. As soon as I walked in she heard me and started to cry. Ohhhh my poor baby, I just wanted to take her home. $781 later the girls were paid for, loaded in the car and away we went.

Yeah, I know you might think $781 is a lot just to be spayed and micro-chipped; but Casey had all her boosters, senior exam, she had an ear infection that had to be cleaned out and so on. Tink was spayed, she had an internal exam, blood work, I paid extra for blood clotting in case their were problems on the operating table. I also had to pay for all of her shots that were new and the boosters as well as the micro-chip placement and registration. We also got a year supply of Heartguard and Frontline. Casey still has some (as we had Cains to use). Then Tink had pain meds and sedatives in case she gets too hyped up later. It gets to be pretty expensive.


Thanks to my job with Examiner I have been able to save money every month since we got Tink, knowing this day was coming. So, it is all good. I have two happy, healthy girls. It is worth every penny.

She was pretty well drugged yesterday when I brought her home. Last night she started to get uncomfortable as the medication wore off so she tossed and turned all night. About 3 a.m. she started to really cry every time she moved. About 5 a.m we decided to get up.


So I let Casey outside and made the girls breakfast. I gave Tink some pain medicine.

The pair are resting now...sister love.



Comments

  1. Poor baby. Since Bailey and Katy came from rescue they were neutered and spayed before they came to us and the price was embedded in the adoption fees. That was one challenge I am glad we missed.

    Hope she's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gone through it with all of my pets but none of them were as hyper as Tink. I was worried she was going to rip her stitches and cause problems.

      She's doing much better!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

lil m has the sadz for Cain

Cain: One Year Ago Today

I'm Sorry!!! Pet Update