I'm Sorry!!! Pet Update

I am sorry I have not been very good about updating this website. Cains memory lives on very strong in my life and there are times when missing him completely controls me. He was my "baby," my "son" and he was so important in my life for so many reasons.

We had some friends over a few weekends back and their daughter said "I thought you had two dogs?" and lil m replied with "Oh, we did. He died. The cancer got him." And then she went over to the toy box and picked up his favorite monkey and started to talk about how sad she was. Not wanting our company to feel awkward, at least not the daughter, I came to the rescue with my chatter about how he is playing in Gods yard, cancer free.

Casey has some good days and some bad days. This past week she has been extremely mopey. She'll go outside and just lay where Cain used to lay. Just wants to lay there and do nothing. Over the weekend she was at my moms while Big M and I were out of town. My mom said she would just go to the places Cain would lay and just sit there. I feel bad for her. I have thought numerous times about getting her a new friend but I am not so sure I am ready for that. Not because I am still missing Cain, but because training a new dog is a LOT of work. We are so busy trying to finish up our last few years of school with internships and clinical's, I am not sure it would be fair. I have looked into fostering for the Boxer rescue or even adopting an older dog, but the expense of adoption seems to hold me back.

Ziggy is just fine. He is 2 now and just as wild and crazy as ever. He and Casey have gotten a lot closer and they cuddle, which is super cute. He likes to kiss her a lot too, which I am not so sure she is a huge fan off.

Also, my mom lives out in the country. She gets cats dropped off all the time. The rescue is usually pretty good about helping her out, but they are full right now. She does her best to take care of them, but sometimes it can get overwhelming. She has had the same momma cat out there since my grandparents were still alive. Well, a few weeks ago someone tossed a kitten and we think it was because its partially blind. As luck would have it, momma cat had a litter that all died. So, she is nursing the dumped off kitten and I think when she is done nursing I am going to rescue it. It will be hard for the rescue to adopt or for my mom to find her a home. Training a cat, even blind, is still a lot easier than a puppy. So I have been praying about it to make sure its right. A few months back she had a super cute kitty that ended up losing an eye. I had planned on rescuing her, but a possum attacked and kitty didn't make it.


Anyway, I have some photos I going to try to get up here quickly.

Again, sorry for the delay!

Comments

  1. Sounds like you really treasure your pets - and I admire that. :) Speaking of fostering, I decided a few weeks ago to foster a baby kitten. It's been quite exciting, bottle-feeding her and teaching her to eat. Her first experience with drinking from a dish instead of a bottle was not good. She kept snorting it up her nose. But she has progressed so fast - she will lap her formula up now (although she tends to sit in it, lol). She also eats food soaked in her formula. It's a great experience, fostering. Of course, I don't intend to give her up. I've gotten way too attached!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cain was my baby. He was 6 months old when I got him. I was newly married and we had just purchased our first house together. He was a huge part of my life. Of course we divorced and I moved 1000 miles away. Cain was always there for me, as well as his sister Casey who is 2 years younger. I have never not had a pet in my life, but Cain was extremely significant.

    Congrats on the fostering! That is SO awesome!!! Cats are such wonderful creatures. I can't get over how smart they are!

    I've already decided that when we move - the house must have a fence - so I can foster. I have 2 acres where I am, but no fence. If the dogs are runners I can't foster them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good deal on your plate, but when the time is right, it might not be a bad idea to locate a friend for Casey. As Bailey is aging I've been thinking we will need to add a friend to the house before he goes because Katy is not a loner. She will need a friend and having someone here at the time will be much easier all around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think maybe when things slow down we might get another dog. Casey seems to be doing ok so long as I can keep her active (walking with her) as I have noticed if we go to long without playing rough in the yard (darn rain) or going for a walk she starts to just sleep and get mopey. I know she misses him but keeping her active helps her adjust.

    Poor Katy, she will not know what to do without Bailey. Getting a new Collie rescue might be a good idea for you guys. I will look forward to that blog post! LOL Give them hugs and kisses for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cain: One Year Ago Today

lil m has the sadz for Cain