A New Year and SO Many Updates

Poe and Tink

I would like to say it is hard to believe I have not blogged here since early 2016, but it really isn't. 

In the fall of 2015, I left my husband and his kiddo to start a new life. It was a mutual decision and best for us both. We're still friends and everything is fine there. 

When I left, I left Ziggy behind with him and kiddo. Tink and Casey came along with me. It was a given Casey would come because I had her prior to our relationships. Tink was a little bit harder because she and the kiddo were very attached to each other, but the ex wouldn't be around much to help her take care of Tink. So, we felt it best that Tink come with me since she was also very attached to me and Casey. 

In April 2017 we lost Casey to a collapsed esophagus. It was a horrible thing to go through and completely devastating. There was a little peace knowing she would be safe at the Rainbow Bridge with Cain.

Ziggy


I believe around 2018/19 the ex decided that it best Ziggy come to live with me and Tink. So I happily went and scooped him up and we've been a little family ever since. 

But, I have always felt like a part of me was missing not having Cain and Casey around. 

Towards the end of 2019, I felt that I had healed from the emotions of losing my beloved Boxers and it was time to start looking for a rescue we could save. 

It was a very long and heartbreaking journey. I was told "no" for so many reasons like - not having a fence, being too far from the shelter or rescue, having a small dog, having a cat, not having a companion animal their size, or, someone would get their application in before me and the dog would be adopted by the time I saw them/sent my app in. 

It was hard during the pandemic when everything was shut down. Rescues could not meet. Shelters could not open. It pulled at my heart so bad because all I wanted to do was save one. 

I decided maybe this just wasn't in the cards for me and I would get a fence put in in the Spring and go from there. On a whim, I had popped into the Detroit Animal Care and Control adoptable animal group and saw his story.  The story of a dog they called Slim due to his starved frail body. The story of how he became Junior to his foster mom. The story of a poor boy who just wanted to love someone and be loved in return without a cruel hand.

The story of Poe.

E.A.Poe


This dear sweet baby had such a rough life. And I would love to be able to share his tale as well as his progress.

So, I have changed the website address here from CainsTails to MyPetsTales.... as I feel it was time to let Cain go. I will be burying his and Casey's ashes at the cemetery across the street with my grandparents. 

It is time. 

Tink

Tink


Comments

  1. I'm sorry things have been rough but it sounds like you are starting to put your needs first and moving forward. Glad to know dogs are going to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cain: One Year Ago Today

lil m has the sadz for Cain

A Memory of Cain & My Need to Move On