A New Year and Some New Updates

Hello everyone!

I keep saying I am going to dust off this space and do something with it, but it is just so hard. I still miss Cain so much and I leave the site so that I am able to share his memory.

But, that is not what I came here to write about.


After much consideration I have decided to merge my YUMeating site with Nevermore Lane. It was not an easy choice, but so much in my life has changed.

Firstly, I no longer have Samwise, the kissy fish. Our last remaining one. He is alive and well, just not with me. I also no longer have Ziggy. He too is alive and well, he just is no longer living with me.

November 2015, my husband and I separated. We are currently going through a divorce. I did not want to move the fish, so I am sure he fine where he is. He still get daily attention and chit chats. As for Ziggy, the house I lived in with the soon-to-be ex had a full basement. Ziggy is a mouser and he has full range of that basement and house.

The home I am in now has no basement and it is much, much smaller. I felt in my heart that even though he and I bonded more so than the other members in the house, it would be harder for him to adapt here without his home and family than it would be for him to adapt without me being in the home.


As I sit here a few weeks later, I do not feel I made the right choice. At least, not in my heart, because I miss him. I miss him a great deal. But, I know he is being taken care of by his pappa and the kiddo.

Casey and Tink are with me. Casey came into the relationship with me. So, that choice was only a given. Tink, although she was a family choice, it was easy to see that I had bonded with her in the same manner as I do with all my furkids. We felt that me leaving her behind would be bad because she is very attached to me (my lap.)

Divorce is never easy and that also is true for the furkids as well. Moving in here has been a huge adjustment for us all. When Tink, Casey and myself are outside for a potty break and the school bus goes past, they sit and wait, thinking kiddo is going to get off the bus and come running down the road.

The first time Tink saw the bus pass and kiddo did not come racing down the driveway, but instead the bus drove past our house, she whined.

That was heart-breaking.


Me and my girls are healing and mending; day-by-day. And we would love for you to come visit us on Nevermore Lane where we are sharing all of our new journeys in life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cain: One Year Ago Today

lil m has the sadz for Cain

I'm Sorry!!! Pet Update